Monday, September 30, 2013

WRITING INSPIRATION

I've gotten inspiration for my storylines in some of the most amazing places and from people that I would never have considered as creative sources! One day while I was getting my hair cut, I was sharing with my hairdresser that I was stuck and needed to create a breakup situation between my two lead characters. As she snipped away, she looked thoughtful and then said, "How about you have the guys ex-girlfriend show up unexpectedly with his child?" Taking her suggestion to heart, I pondered over the details and low and behold...it's in my second book, LONGING. Of course it turned out that it wasn't his child afterall, but it created quite a bit of havoc between my characters until the truth was uncovered. After having that experience, I give every person I meet and every place I go consideration for a plot, story location or personality trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment